Systems Engineer (Manchester UK)
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Couchbase is hiring a Systems Engineer for our Manchester, UK, office. This is an onsite role.
- Provide system and network administration for all IT-supported servers including hardware and software support, networking, security, helpdesk, and more.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all IT related support tickets; provide remote troubleshooting and resolution based on the best practices.
- Incident Management - respond to, diagnose & resolve IT issues in a timely and effective manner. Collaborate closely with IT & Security team on operations, documentation & process improvement.
- Escalation management - act as an escalation point for the local office and lead for complex, unresolved tickets ensuring issues are managed to completion.
- Install, develop, and maintain VMs for testing and development. Create images, support VMs, manage cloud components like ESXi , vCenter, vSphere, vCenter, Xen, Xen management software.
- Maintain and support mission critical office, datacenter and cloud environments.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and newer, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with Paloaltonetworks, Cisco and Meraki wireless.
- Knowledgeable with Saas apps Okta, Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, etc.
- Familiar with STP, SSL, VPN and IPsec protocols.
- Knowledge of system administration, automation tools, Jenkins, file services (nfs, smb), backups and recovery tools
- Preferred experienced in network administration, switching, DNS, VLAN, VPN, security and best practices
- Experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining Redhat, Debian, Centos, Mac OSX, Windows, Window Server, VMware.
- Creating new build machines using Jenkins or other configuration management tools
- Proven ability to take on new tasks and work independently to bring the tasks and tickets to completion
- Familiar and able to maintain tools like GitHub, Gerrit, Wiki, and JIRA
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!