Sr. Software Engineer - AI
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA headquarters with expectations for the candidate to come into the office 2-3 days/week.
- Create the world’s best distributed database server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP and OLAP needs using the latest AI/ML/LLM technologies.
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built.
- Design and implement needle-mover features and tools with simplicity, elegance, and economy.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms.
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software.
Skills & Abilities
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You have excellent analytical skills and a passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- You are proficient in Java, but you’d also like to step into the world of other languages
- You are proficient in systems programming.
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly.
- You have experience in processing queries on non-relational data.
- You know open source software development practices and ideally have a track record of open source contributions.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience developing core database features and/or AI infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of AWS, GCP and Azure platforms.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of large scale distributed systems design, and operational challenges.
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!