Developer Community Manager (Remote)
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Out of all of the developer communities out there, we're excited that you're considering helping build ours! Our goal for the Couchbase community team is to build an exciting, resource rich and fun playground for developers to thrive and learn from each other. If meeting and engaging with developers across different channels while executing and managing programs that help scale Couchbase's community sounds intriguing to you, read on!
Reporting to the Director of Community, you will be a key interface with the Couchbase developer community to make sure they have a great experience, all the while bringing community insights back into Couchbase as you work with Product, Engineering, and Sales to help build the things our users need. You’ll need to organize developer focused activities, nurture new Couchbase Ambassadors, and engage with adjacent developer communities. We encourage you to bring your big, bold and meme worthy ideas to the table!
The Community Manager will play a central role in supporting three pillars of Couchbase’s community strategy:
- Engagement: engage, nurture and grow Couchbase’s community of users and contributors and make them want to be active champions of our products and offerings
- Events: help design, plan and execute developer-facing virtual and in-person events
- Community Leadership: empower and reward highly engaged community advocates by introducing them to our Ambassador program and setting up exclusive Couchbase activities for them to participate in
- Serve as the main interface for the community on Couchbase’s Discord server and our Community Hub. This includes the curation of developer-focused content for publishing on these channels
- Design and execute data-driven action plans for developing and growing new Community building programs, and constantly evaluating existing programs. Be comfortable with digging into charts and metrics to spot trends to shape community activities. This will include but not limited to using Common Room
- Work with the community to unblock them as they build apps using Couchbase. This includes but is not exclusive to maintaining a system for monitoring our community forums and liaising with internal teams to get questions answered
- Collaborate with other internal teams, providing guidance on how to connect with the community across different engagement opportunities such as product betas, customer surveys and feedback sessions.
- Focus on providing a better community experience by helping to define roles for community members, improving onboarding, and mapping out engagement journeys
- Support the Couchbase Ambassador Program and nurture contribution opportunities for Ambassadors to bring value to and receive value from Couchbase
- Maintain and improve event programs. This includes running virtual community events like live demos, AMAs, office hours, and community meetups as well as enabling people to host and participate in in-person developer meetups. Part of this is working with other communities to do events together.
- 2+ years working with developer communities
- Some knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and languages
- Familiarity with project management and community building platforms. Some of the ones we use are Airtable, Common Room, and Mighty Networks
- Comfortable being a public face of Couchbase, with experience in public speaking as well as building 1-1 relationships with community members
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently, while at the same time knowing how to ask for help when you get blocked
- Comfort with blogging and writing other content
- A data driven and analytical mindset, always willing to re-evaluate and course correct when needed
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!