Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
This position reports to the Sr. Procurement Manager and partners with
internal departments and suppliers to manage and negotiate contracts on
behalf of our company. The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail,
customer service skills, and the ability to make a complex process simple for
stakeholders. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking an
impactful and collaborative role.
What you will do
- Serve as liaison between Couchbase and vendors to negotiate
favourable terms in procurement contracts for select purchase types.
- Support day-to-day transactional activities related to the procurement
process, including purchase requisition and deal review to ensure
alignment with supporting documentation and Couchbase policies.
- Own the Couchbase Contracts Database (Coupa) and renewals
- Advise stakeholders on the various purchasing methods, contracting,
and navigating Coupa.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of procurement reference
material and training.
- Run and distribute periodic and ad hoc reports for internal teams.
- Support the continuous improvement of the procurement function.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and cross
- Provide recommendations based on Couchbase purchasing trends.
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of Procurement/Purchasing, Buyer or Accounts Payables
experience in a high-growth technology company
- Solid planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change
priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills required
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office and G-suite
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!