Sr. Director, People Partnering
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be a key member of the People & Workplace Leadership Team, contributing to our overall people and company strategies, leading a global People team and supporting R&D functions. This opportunity is great for a leader who thrives on driving change and making incremental improvement in a technology organization. As a team, we are excited by attacking hard problems, and want someone who can match their attention to operational rigor with driving progressive, strategic people practices.
This role is located in our Santa Clara office 3 days a week and will report to the Chief People Officer.
The team consists of 2 Senior People Partners (one for Sales, one for G&A, Marketing and Corp Dev) and 3 People Generalists (2 are being recruited). People Partners (PP) and Generalists are in office (Santa Clara, London, Manchester, Austin and Bangalore).
Working with this team is 1 People Ops Manager who leads a global team of 3 People Ops Specialists and 2 external Ops resources managed through a third party. All are remote. For candidates with operational experience and appetite, we are open to having this team also report to this person.
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer and across the People & Workplace leadership team to execute and hone our People Partnering service delivery model strategy - how we deliver our work matters.
- Build strategic partnership with Engineering & Product leadership to enable their business strategy through our people and guide the two PPs in building their strategic partnerships as well
- Collaborate with leadership to identify, design and drive People Partner strategies, including but not limited to advising on strategic reviews of each org, org design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance and development.
- Lead, coach, and develop a global team of People Partners (PPs) and Generalists.
- Enable data-driven decision making by delivering analysis, insights, and impact recommendations in key people metrics, including engagement, retention, diversity outcomes, and talent development.
- Design, deliver, and execute annual People Programs relating to employee engagement, rewards cycles and strategic reviews of each team with our executive leadership team.
- Create and implement ongoing talent planning and management solutions to drive employee development, mobility, and retention planning processes across the organization.
- Work closely across the business People, Finance, Operations, and Legal departments as needed on operational matters.
- For consideration based on candidate experience and appetite: Provide overall leadership to our People Operations team, helping to drive more efficiency in process and policy execution and advice on managing global transactions at scale with continuous improvement.
What you’ll need (Capabilities)
- Lead Yourself:
- Demonstrates our company values, in particular an appetite for making tomorrow better than today and attacking hard problems, while being a good human, always.
- Strong project management skills and an orientation to build for scale leveraging technology and cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to combine strategic, progressive practices with meeting key operational standards.
- An orientation towards using data to derive analytical insight to inform your approach.
- Lead The Team:
- Experience leading and communicating with clarity and purpose to a team of People Partners and Generalists; across a People leadership team with colleagues in areas such as Total Rewards; and out to business leaders as their executive partner who both supports and challenges them.
- Lead The Business:
- 5+ years’ experience in senior HR leadership roles partnering with executives and leading a team of People practitioners.
- 10+ years of experience in HRBP, talent management, organizational development or another related business function.
- Experience supporting an R&D function as a HRBP, handling the associated complexity and driving solutions.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, scaling, global organization.
- Global expertise and empathy for the myriad of nuance that exists for a globally scaled org.
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!