Senior Analyst - Statutory Reporting
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Job: Sr. Analyst - Statutory Reporting
Location: Bangalore (You are expected to work from office thrice in a week)
- Preparation and review of the annual statutory accounts/financial statements for Couchbase entities in EMEA and APAC.
- Assist with the audit process, preparation of schedules and documentation. Ensure that audits occur in a timely and efficient manner, in conjunction with local financial statement filing requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors on completion of audits and support resolution of accounting and reporting items.
- Liaise with local consultants on financial preparation in the different regions.
- Ensure compliance timelines are met in the different regions.
- Review of XBRL filings/annual filing forms across regions.
- Assist in the automation of preparation of local financial statements in ERP system.
- Assist with research, assessment, and implementation of complex accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements, related to the impact on the operational and/or financial performance of the company and disclosure requirements.
- Review of Tax returns/TP filing across the different regions and liaise with the US Tax manager on tax matters (Direct and Indirect)
- Assist with month-end closing activities.
- Assist in the analysis and reconciliation of financial activity recorded to the general ledger in a timely manner to facilitate monthly and quarterly financial reporting for assigned entities.
- Assist in the Company’s SOX compliance efforts in connection with the financial reporting process
- Manage co-sec compliance for the different regions in EMEA and APAC
- Support in the automation of controls, process, and forms to ensure correct reporting.
- Coordinate with Legal, Accounting and others on periodic and ad hoc financial reporting request
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered accountant with 5-8 years post qualification experience
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Experience in the production of financial/consolidated statements
- US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting knowledge.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with good use and knowledge of Excel
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!