Project Manager, Corporate Real Estate Operations
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
Compass is seeking a seasoned Project Manager within its National Workplace Operations and Facilities team to manage a variety of construction/facility projects in its office portfolio of over 500 offices. The successful candidate can manage a large volume of projects by leveraging both internal and external partners to provide the highest level of customer service to the end user.
Detailed Job Description
As a Project Manager at Compass within the National Workplace Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing commercial interior projects, implementing best in class recurring maintenance programs, and helping set the vision for the look and feel of Compass offices. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for Compass Agents and Employees.
New Offices and Capital Refresh Program:
- Manage Build Outs for New Offices/Relocations of Existing Offices
- Design/construction RFP’s and bid forms tailored to local market conditions
- Develop bid strategies appropriate for the schedule/budget for each project
- Manage preferred vendors in each region and negotiate contracts and fees for the same
- Manage team of external project managers
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, checklists and templates
- Provide oversight and document construction progress to ensure major milestones are met
- Collaborate with internal team members to validate construction duration and develop overall project schedule
- Assist with Due Diligence activities for new projects to understand potential base building issues, unique conditions, and overall project risk
- Ensure general contractors and Compass vendors adhere to plans and specifications
- Ensure delivery of high-quality finished product to maintain Compass brand standards
- Manage punch list and project closeout processes
- CapEx Management
- Help develop annual CapEx budget in partnership with Corporate Real Estate Team inclusive of both new offices and refresh of existing office
- Track in year CapEx spending against budget, including tracking actuals and publishing monthly reporting
- Audit existing recurring maintenance program for alignment with best practices
- Own end to end of recurring maintenance program in partnership with Regional Workplace Leads
- Ensure compliance with lease required maintenance and be the ‘go to’ person for regional facilities related issues
- Manage all capital maintenance projects of $50k or greater
- Help vet/implement 3rd Party facilities maintenance/management technology to replace existing processes and procedures for ticketing/solutioning and asset management
- Work experience in USA
- This is a hybrid role with in-office requirements.
- Management experience not required, but a plus.
- At least 5-7 years construction experience managing a high volume of workplace projects
- Ability/willingness to travel to projects on an ad hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience with construction management/project management software and comfortable budgeting in excel/google sheets
- Working knowledge of commercial MEP systems, specifically HVAC, plumbing, fire and life safety systems, and electrical distribution networks
- Ability to collaborate with drawing production teams to evaluate, identify and solve constructability issues
- Effective in a fast paced environment
- Analytical in approach when evaluating construction progress or obstacles and provide solutions to stay on schedule and minimize cost impacts
- Desire and ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Must be able to perform low level of physical tasks, such as, conducting job site walkthroughs and office audit walks and moving and lifting supplies (up to 25 lb).
- The base pay range for this position is $76,000 - $115,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Required communication skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills with prompt follow-up
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to communicate project status concisely
- Experience communicating with Executive level stakeholders
- Required decision making skills:
- Confident with making major decisions
- Experience in on-site risk-assessment
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.
Something looks off?