At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
As Associate Counsel - Securities at Compass, you work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented in-house lawyers and the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively and constructively. You are energetic and collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compass’s business and work with employees across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven and you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
What you will do:
- Advise on securities laws and related general corporate law matters.
- Support timely satisfaction of SEC and NYSE compliance and reporting obligations, including registration statements, proxy statements and reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Review and provide input on earnings press releases and other public disclosures.
- Support Section 16 reporting and insider trading compliance program.
- Assist in corporate governance and board matters, including preparation of board materials, minutes and updates to corporate charters and policies.
- Advise on matters related to equity issuances and executive compensation.
Who you are:
- You have significant experience advising clients regarding compliance with securities laws and coordinating ’34 Act filings.
- Familiarity with equity administration is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a heavy focus on public company securities law and corporate governance.
- Bachelor’s degree plus JD from an accredited law school; active membership in at least one state bar (NY Bar is a plus).
- Proven ability to independently manage projects.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues and provide sound, clear legal advice to senior leaders and others.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with and manage other attorneys and legal professionals.
Compensation: The base pay range for this position is $105,000-150,700 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.