At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
We are looking for an exceptional Associate to join our Accounting Department. The primary focus of the position will be to assist in areas of the financial statement close process and own critical account reconciliations, primarily around our brokerage revenue activities in certain markets. Additional responsibilities include preparing ad-hoc analytical reports and assisting with business-critical special projects. The ideal candidate is someone who loves challenging opportunities, thrives in a dynamic environment, and can consistently meet deadlines.
At Compass You Will:
- Review revenue and expense recognition for brokerage transactions
- Communicate findings to management and drive improvements in transaction recording accuracy
- Reconcile and investigate outstanding accounts receivable balances
- Create and maintain revenue-related monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Serve as the primary contact for account discrepancies
- Become an integral part of the financial statement close process
- Evaluate accounting processes, internal controls, and reporting procedures for continuous improvement opportunities
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the accounting team
- Assist with monthly financial analysis and various ad-hoc reports
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors for audit and accounting-related requirements
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 experience, preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
- Basic knowledge of residential real estate, a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams
- Excellent customer service and ability to work in a team environment
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- Proactive and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- This role will be on-site in one of our Denver offices
Please note: this is a 100% in office position.
Compensation: The base pay range for this position is $40,000 - $67,300 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.