Manager, Consulting Relations (West)
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping working caregivers be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is a family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of guides and specialists – parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, adult care specialists, and more – with a powerful technology platform that helps every working caregiver succeed.
Cleo is offered by over 180 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, Red Bull, and Pinterest. We’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, caregivers, and the healthcare sector. Now we're looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us.
Title: Manager, Consulting Relations (West Region)
The Manager, Consultant Relations will be accountable for several key relationships with strategic consulting houses and building awareness and growth opportunities at emerging local and national consultancies and/or brokers. Active partnership with consultants and in market presence will make a noticeable difference in driving growth for Cleo.
This role reports to the VP, Strategic Alliances.
- Work in close collaboration the Growth team leadership to drive Cleo’s consulting and industry relationship strategy
- Capacity to develop and implement specific growth, positioning, and roadmap plans
- Demonstrated ability to build deep trusted relationships with key stakeholders at designated local and regional consultant and brokerage offices
- Strategic consultation that helps to best position Cleo’s solutions for lead generation
- Document all consulting contact and activity in sales tools and systems
- Partner with sales team to strategize, refine messaging, and optimize interactions
- Aptitude to solicit, analyze, and share feedback from partners with internal stakeholders to make necessary adjustments in strategy, approach and execution; be an active and informed voice communicating solution needs, gaps and opportunities to our internal teams
- Work with appropriate consultant/broker contacts and Client Success to help resolve client relationship challenges
- Navigation strength in working closely with sales and client success to ensure a seamless hand-off occurs when appropriate
- Maintain an effective sales and market penetration plan
- 5+ years experience working closely with benefit and HR consultants and enterprise/jumbo clients
- Established deep relationships with the leading benefits and HR consulting firms in multiple geographies and industry segments
- Demonstrated success driving sales through understanding of enterprise client point of view and benefit purchase decision making process
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote, startup environment with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and navigate ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex concepts and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of building and nurturing relationships with consultants, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, meet deadlines, and deliver results in a dynamic and rapidly evolving business environment
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Pay Transparency: The base salary range for this position is $110,000 - $130,000 annually, plus a variable compensation plan and the following benefits: health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid holidays, flexible vacation time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan, disability insurance, and life insurance.
You must be based in the U.S. and authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. Please be advised that Cleo does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Cleo is currently accepting applications from candidates residing in the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
SF FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.