Senior Solutions Marketing Manager
Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
Chronosphere is looking for an innovative Senior Solutions Marketing Manager to help the business scale rapidly through 2024 and beyond. You will be a key player on the team driving efforts to build, launch and market the Chronosphere product. You will collaborate with other members of marketing and product to help define our target markets, personas, and buyers for Chronosphere’s solutions; create clear differentiation and value; and contribute to messaging, producing content, collateral, and sales tools for the Chronosphere offerings.
You will be instrumental in defining marketing programs that drive demand and enable sales and marketing. You will also work closely with sales, product management, engineering and other internal marketing functions to oversee internal and external activities.
If you are motivated by helping customers understand the value that solutions can bring to their businesses and you’re passionate about innovative technology selling, this opportunity will combine your interests into a rewarding career.
- Develop solution-level messaging and value props to clearly differentiate Chronosphere from perceived market alternatives.
- Partnering tightly with sales to drive enablement and solution knowledge.
- Create target personas and align messaging to their primary needs. Help drive awareness and share of voice with defined markets.
- Work with Chronosphere sales and marketing to create and drive demand-gen programs to meet pipeline targets.
- Closely collaborate with Chronosphere engineering and product management to help shape the roadmap and investigate emerging markets.
- Work autonomously
- Become the expert on the market, customers and buying behavior.
- Become a product expert on the Chronosphere solution.
- 2+ years of domain-specific knowledge within cloud-native environments and/or observability solutions
- 6+ years of PMM experience
- BA or BS in a related field.
- Knowledge and expertise around devops, observability, and cloud-native (containers, microservices)
- Strong writing and analysis skills - Ability to collect and analyze market and competitor data to influence and support product marketing strategy.
- Proven track record of creating high quality customer content and enablement materials.
- Technical aptitude and intellectual curiosity
- Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills to create Chronosphere content and collateral (including white papers, data sheets, web copy, social media copy, presentations, demo scripts, case studies, etc.). An ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits and attention to detail is critical.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with the public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc) is a plus.
- Computer science or engineering background is a plus.
Reporting to Rachel Dines, Head of Product and Solutions Marketing
Rachel leads product and solutions marketing for Chronosphere. Her approach to product marketing relies on two core fundamentals: being customer-centric and building a unique thought leadership platform. Before joining Chronosphere, Rachel led product and technical marketing at CloudHealth by VMware, and before that, she led product marketing for cloud-integrated storage at NetApp. She also spent time as an analyst at Forrester Research, but please don’t hold that against her. Outside of work, Rachel tries to keep up with her young son and hyper-active dog, and when she has time, enjoys crafting and eating out at local restaurants in Boston where she’s based.
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role at Chronosphere is as shown below, plus a company bonus and a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. Chronosphere offers a wide range of best-in-class, comprehensive, and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited paid time off.
Chronosphere offers 11 holidays for the calendar year.
Chronosphere's Parental and Family Leave policy offers 24 weeks of leave within a child's first year of life. Our offer of 16 weeks of paid leave with an option to extend for an additional 8 weeks of unpaid time off has no minimum service requirement to utilize and is available for birth, surrogacy, or adoption.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More