Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
In this role, you will work with the engineers and executives in DevOps, SRE, and development teams across different customers to architect their observability processes and systems. You will not only advise the customer teams in their architecture and design of the Chronosphere platform but will act as a best practice advisor in their observability goals.
In this role you will
- Interface with the customer's executive and leadership teams to understand the technical goals and business objectives related to their observability processes, design their Chronosphere implementation to best fit those requirements, and correlate the technical success criteria to the business requirements.
- Work with the customer's technical teams to analyze and understand current monitoring, metrics, and observability practices and processes, design and guide the implementation of the optimized Chronosphere setup for integration, scale, and repeatability.
- Document, share and get the necessary customer approvals for the detailed design and architecture.
- Document and share the different learnings, customer processes, and solutions with relevant internal Chronosphere teams and contribute to the product design. ● Build out internal reference architecture and design docs, and an advanced technical knowledge base.
- Work closely with pre-sales and other post-sales teams to ensure that Chronosphere customers are successful and experience a high level of customer satisfaction with the solution.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps, monitoring, or related domains.
- Direct hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure, or other modern cloud-native technologies and platforms
- Good to have prior experience with monitoring or observability tools (New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience delivering custom solutions to customers of all sizes, whether internal or external.
- You are a perpetual learner, detail-oriented and analytical, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% if onsite customer engagement returns to normal. ● If you have been an operator building DevOps and observability solutions with an enterprise without customer-facing experience, you are welcome to apply.
Nice to have
- Proficiency with the command line, and basic UNIX troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience at a SaaS vendor and in managing the entire customer life cycle including renewals.
- Prior experience with monitoring or observability tools (New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, etc.) ● Hands-on experience with the Prometheus data model and PromQL
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Ankur Somani, Head of Professional Services
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Lead TAM
- Customer Solutions Engineer
- Technical Account Managers
- Sales Engineering Manager
- Customer Support
- Product & Engineering teams
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role at Chronosphere is as shown below, plus a company bonus and a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. Chronosphere offers a wide range of best-in-class, comprehensive, and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited paid time off.
Chronosphere offers 11 holidays for the calendar year.
Chronosphere's Parental and Family Leave policy offers 24 weeks of leave within a child's first year of life. Our offer of 16 weeks of paid leave with an option to extend for an additional 8 weeks of unpaid time off has no minimum service requirement to utilize and is available for birth, surrogacy, or adoption.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More