Head of Product Management
Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the Role
We are seeking a leader for our product management team. Our PM team operates with one foot in the factory and one foot in the field, bridging between our customers and our engineering team. In this role you’ll spend ⅔ of your time leading people and processes and ⅓ of your time on product leadership. You are comfortable with a deeply technical product that serves a deeply technical audience.
- Build, lead, encourage, coach, and mentor the team of product managers that craft our product.
- Guide and implement our product development life cycle (PDLC) together with the engineering and UX teams.
- Deeply understand the marketplace and the competition.
- Bridge our investment strategy and strategic roadmap into execution by small feature teams.
- Coordinate with product marketing on positioning and messaging.
- Communicate priorities and the roadmap, and align the team around them.
- Evangelize our product and our philosophy, both inside and outside Chronosphere.
- Wield data and drive decisions from the bottom up.
- Handle user problems together with the engineering, customer success, and field teams.
- Drive clarity.
What You Will Achieve
In your first 30 days, you’ll investigate the market and user base and in-flight development projects. You’ll meet our existing customers, ride along on end-user interviews, and observe stand-ups and other sprint ceremonies. You’ll shadow our product candidate interviews. You’ll connect with all the other parts of our remote-first organization, and meet all the people.
Within 3 months, you’ll take on management of our team of 7 product managers. You’ll drive the hiring process as we continue to grow the team over the next year. You’ll manage assignments to feature teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of product managers.
- A track record of delivering software with agile processes and tight feedback loops.
- Familiarity building and operating software as a service.
- A history of success in a high-growth startup environment.
- An obsession with getting the little details right.
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features.
- No fear of diving deep into the world of cloud native monitoring: Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
- A strong background of collaborating with recruiting, making hiring decisions, closing candidates, and building a diverse and inclusive team.
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Jeff Cobb, Global Head of Product and Design
Jeff Cobb is Head of Product. He listens to Chronosphere’s users, focuses product priorities, and guides us toward lovable software. Previously Jeff built customer-development-driven product teams for Qumulo and LiveStories. At APM pioneer Wily Technology, Jeff was the architect of the flagship product Introscope. Jeff is a Little League umpire, a fly fisherman, and a bass singer.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More