Member of Technical Staff - Platform
Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
The team you will be joining is building a new, core capability to automatically make sense of the vast sea of telemetry customers send us, and present it back to them in insightful ways. We aim to help customers understand their system as a whole at a glance, and quickly locate any relevant information that could expedite their understanding of an alert or outage. Without having to learn a query language or manually build a dashboard, customers gain the observability they need using this team’s solution. As a back-end engineer, you will work with our teams to architect, deliver, and operate solutions at enormous scale while meeting system requirements for performance, reliability, and cost.
- Design, implement, and operate high volume services in Go on top of Kubernetes/GCP/AWS
- Build operational tooling for the code you write, and work with cloud infrastructure engineers to manage your code in production
- Contribute to the direction of the product, and help evolve the overall platform architecture to meet product and scale needs
- Refine the way we build and release the platform by contributing to build systems, test frameworks, deployment tools and monitoring
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Chronosphere’s business and platform and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 90 days, you will have shipped several enhancements to the platform and contributed to designs shaping the overall direction of the architecture. Over time you will implement new services and may become the go-to person for a part of the platform, or range across the system and contribute to multiple areas.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with Product)
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- Deep knowledge of what’s required to build and operate highly available systems at scale. Our customers rely on Chronosphere to manage the reliability of their businesses, and their uptime is only as good as our own
- Excellent skills in a system level language such as Go, C++, Java, C#, or Rust. Knowing a specific language isn’t important; what matters is that you’ve become fluent in one by spending a lot of time on the types of projects where these languages are used
- Strong interest in how things get built, and not just what features we ship. We are always trying to make engineering at Chronosphere better, and we need people that have a fundamental interest in constantly improving the way we build, test, deploy, and operate our platform
- A flexible, collaborative working style. We’re a small team working in a rapidly evolving space, and we’re looking for people that will help build a positive, supportive environment
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Mitchell HuffMenne, Engineering Manager
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role at Chronosphere is as shown below, plus a company bonus and a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. Chronosphere offers a wide range of best-in-class, comprehensive, and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited paid time off.
Chronosphere offers 11 holidays for the calendar year.
Chronosphere's Parental and Family Leave policy offers 24 weeks of leave within a child's first year of life. Our offer of 16 weeks of paid leave with an option to extend for an additional 8 weeks of unpaid time off has no minimum service requirement to utilize and is available for birth, surrogacy, or adoption.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More