PR Lead (Contract)
Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. We relentlessly prioritize our retailers—putting their brands front and center while enabling frictionless shopping at any touchpoint in the customer journey. At the center of it all is our rapidly growing universal shopper network—Bolt merchants such as Saks OFF 5TH, Revolve, and Casper can access tens of millions of shoppers, offering them a best-in-class checkout.
And revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation—we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we have created a work environment where people learn to drive impact, take risks and make big bets, and grow from feedback, all while feeling welcomed and accepted for who they are. Come join us on the adventure today!
Your role at Bolt
We are looking for a media relations specialist to join our team on a contract basis, covering a parental leave period of 4-6 months at about 20 hours per week. You will get to craft strategic communications plans, and help stories about Bolt’s business and innovation take flight in the news.
What you will be doing
- Define the PR scope, strategy, and positioning of business milestones, product launches, and data and insights to advance Bolt’s influence in ecommerce and retail.
- Build compelling narratives to proactively pitch to the media.
- Track and identify relevant news developments to take a stance on, and develop executive commentary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on content, thought leadership, social media, and speaking opportunities.
What would set you up for success
- 7+ years of experience in PR and communications in the B2B tech sector.
- Established relationships with business and tech reporters of national media outlets.
- Strong understanding of the ecommerce landscape and what resonates with the press.
- Experience working directly with senior executives to hone their public voices.
- Ability to handle crisis communications and reputation management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex data, recommendations, and programs to audiences across functions, teams, and organizational levels.
What would set you apart
- Proven track record of securing high-quality media coverage.
- A revenue-driven mindset.
- Experience working at a high-growth technology company or startup.
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).