Mechanic - Phoenix
Who is Bird
Bird’s cleaner, affordable, and on-demand mobility solutions are available in more than 400 cities globally. We take a collaborative, community-first approach to micromobility. Bird partners closely with the cities in which it operates to provide a reliable and affordable transportation option for people who live and work there.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Execute skills in repair and diagnosis to aid in the upkeep of the fleet.
- Perform extensive repairs on vehicles (this includes breaking down and refurbishing Bird vehicles)
- Maintain a high level of communication and responsiveness with your supervisor to advise of successes and challenges in your service center
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously
- Perform material movement of scooters and inventory within the warehouse
- Desire to work with Bird in a high growth environment.
- A passion for technology and vehicles.
- Comfortable with navigating and using smartphone apps.
- Problem-solving mentality.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- A strong understanding of hand tools.
- Ability to be very active: bend, stoop, and lift up to 40 pounds up to 3 feet off the ground on a frequent basis.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
- Keep work station clean and organized.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours/day
- Previous mechanical or related experience
- Experience in delivery/transportation, logistics, warehousing, and inventory
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a wellness resource to help you wind down. We also offer an employer paid healthcare package, pet insurance, and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.