Operations Associate - Rome, Italy
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Operations Associate directly reports directly to the Country Manager and supports business and operational decisions with data and analytics. They will act as the POC with internal stakeholders including Product, Engineering and Business Operations and participate in strategic and operational decisions in Italy.
- Own and manage the configuration of the marketplace for all cities by working closely with Policy and local Ops teams (vehicle deployment points, operational areas, release strategy, city compliance etc.).
- Weekly tracking and reporting to the management of operational and financial data to identify trends, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to track and communicate operational performance.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Business Operations and act as the POC for the Italian market with internal stakeholders.
- Own the demand function including pricing, offers, partnerships and campaigns in Italy.
- Good technical skills, including basic knowledge in SQL and/or Python and experience in performing in-depth analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets, including experience with data visualization.
- Clear understanding of the P&L and main financial metrics.
- Project management skills and ability to own cross-functional projects.
- 2-3 years of experience in operational and analysis, preferably a degree in engineering.
- Willingness travel within Italy.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a wellness resource to help them wind down. We also offer a work from home stipend and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.