Sr. Business Operations Associate (Canada)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Sr. Business Operations Associate will champion high priority projects for our President and Head of Business Operations. In this role, you will amplify the profitable growth of our business through tackling key business priorities, scaling best practices, and implementing operational improvements. We need a strategic critical thinker who can draw upon strong operational and analytical experience to start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. Additionally, this role will involve supporting other business units (e.g., Product, Vehicle) with key strategic initiatives as we prepare for our next phase of growth.
- Develop frameworks and drive data analysis on strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve the biggest problems as they arise
- Partner cross-functionally with other members of the Bird team to measure the impact and efficiency of our projects
- Be a strong project leader with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Lead recurring strategic planning processes to set operational and financial targets and identify highest ROI
- Incubate and test new solutions to business problems, and scale the highest potential solutions from ideation through global implementation
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in business strategy / consulting, investment banking, business intelligence or related; experience at a high growth startup is a plus
- Strong proficiency with financial analysis
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Proven success managing highly ambiguous problems and owning solutions from inception to execution
- Strong Project Management skills with demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional partners even if their priorities differ
- Strong Excel and data analytics capabilities, including comfort with building financial models to drive decision making on strategic initiatives
- Experience packaging insights from data analysis into slide output (Google Sheets, Powerpoint) to facilitate executive engagement and decision making
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Experience program managing cross functional projects
- Basic SQL capabilities preferred, but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?