Government Partnerships Associate
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Under the supervision of our Senior Government Partnerships Manager, this role will focus on helping to build solid, long-term relationships with cities and other public sector stakeholders in France, to allow Bird to open new markets and operate in the country at the best possible conditions for both Bird and French cities. Achieving these objectives will also require the Senior Government Partnership Associate to work across the organization with various stakeholders to facilitate key initiatives and local innovative projects for France.
- Strengthen relationships with the city officials of French cities where we operate, as well as other key local stakeholders by managing their daily expectations
- Help to develop Bird’s strategy to win or renew operating permits when their attribution is competitive (RfPs)
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure that Bird fulfills all obligations required by the cities, and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Help secure local partnerships to enhance city relationships, advocate for shared mobility programs and win applications
- Build a close relationship with Bird’s local Operations team to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities to improve the regulatory framework relevant to our operations
- 5+ years experience, preferably in (local) politics, administration, or in a government relations position in the private sector
- Relationship-builder, with experience in partnership and stakeholder management in local politics
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including the ability to present to different audiences
- Solid previous experience in managing projects from start to finish
- Self-starter / quick learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Enthusiasm for tech, mobility, or urban planning industries would be of added value
- M2 required - preferably specialized in Public Affairs
- French speaker
- Available for travel
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?