DevOps Staff Engineer, Core Platform Group
Remote based role. Open to candidates in Eastern Time Zones.
About the Role:
The Cloud Infra team is responsible for BigPanda’s cloud environment. The team is composed of skilled DevOps engineers in charge of multiple technologies that have a direct effect on the platform stability, reliability and scalability, using cutting edge technologies such as EKS, ArgoCD, ArgoWF, GitOps, IaC.
We're looking for a skilled DevOps Staff Engineer to set the standard for best practices across the organization, and act as the technical focal point in the domain.
You will be working closely with the team’s management, the chief architect and other technical leaders in the organization and will lead our DevOps initiatives, driving the implementation of best practices, and ensuring the smooth integration and delivery of software products.
One of the biggest projects that are already on your table, will be creating self service practices for a better velocity and developer experience.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with engineering teams in the R&D, aligning DevOps practices, and managing project timelines
- Monitor and optimize system performance, availability, and scalability
- Identify and address bottlenecks and challenges in the software delivery process
- Follow emerging DevOps trends and introduce innovative ideas, tools, and technologies taking into consideration the system’s robustness, and security requirements
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting the growth of our talented engineers
What skills and experience you’ll bring to BigPanda:
- 6 + years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent
- 2 + years of proven experience coding in Python/Go/Ruby
- Hands-on experience with IaC & GitOps methodologies and tools (Terraform,Helm)
- Hands-on experience working with multiple Kubernetes clusters in production
- Experience with technical project leadership
- Hands-on experience with a CI/CD management tool (ArgoCD, Travis CI, Docker etc.)
- Experience in architecting and managing cloud-based services & Infra over AWS
- Hands-on experience with maintaining Node.JS or JVM-based applications running with the following: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka.
- A problem solver who practices adaptability and flexibility to business needs
BigPanda is a fast-growing, values-driven, global company that enables Tech Ops teams to keep the digital economy running. BigPanda’s AI-driven IT operations (aka AIOps) platform transforms IT data into insight and action. By eliminating IT noise, automating incident management, and keeping our customers’ digital services up and running around the clock, we become a mission-critical part of our customers’ IT operations.
With BigPanda, some of the world’s largest enterprises including Hulu, Cisco, United, Abbott, Marriot and many others are able to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, accelerate business velocity, and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
BigPanda is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Mayfield, Battery, Insight Partners, Advent International, and Greenfield Partners.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, parental leave, competitive cash and equity compensation, and a supportive, collaborative, and innovative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
- Competitive equity
- Remote-first environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health benefits
- #PandaParent support. Combined total of 18 weeks fully paid leave for all new parents
- Financial planning services
- Employee learning & development budget
- Values-based recognition (quarterly and annually)
- Social community & ERG programs
- Dog friendly office
- Lunches provided in office
- Flexible work environment
- Values-based culture
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Pay Scale: $202,000- $242,000 USD base, not inclusive of bonus, equity, and benefits.
BigPanda offers a generous total rewards package that includes base pay, bonus, equity, and a world-class benefits program. We run three (3) compensation review cycles per year to ensure that managers can recognize employees without much lag between achievement and reward. All of this builds toward the best compensation we can give to anyone: the ability to develop your skills each and every day. BigPanda has a significant focus on career development that is at the core of our employee experience.
BigPanda is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Note: BigPanda is an E-Verify Employer
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.