DevOps Team Lead, Core Platform Group
BigPanda is a fast-growing, values-driven, global company that enables Tech Ops teams to keep the digital economy running. BigPanda’s AI-driven IT operations (aka AIOps) platform transforms IT data into insight and action. By eliminating IT noise, automating incident management, and keeping our customers’ digital services up and running around the clock, we become a mission-critical part of our customers’ IT operations.
With BigPanda, some of the world’s largest enterprises including Hulu, Cisco, United, Abbott, Marriott, Expedia and many others are able to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, accelerate business velocity, and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
BigPanda is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Mayfield, Battery, Insight Partners, Advent International, and Greenfield Partners.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, parental leave, competitive cash and equity compensation, and a supportive, collaborative, and innovative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
- Competitive equity
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company funded health insurance
- 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave
- Critical Family Medical Leave
- Financial planning services
- Employee learning & development budget
- Values-based recognition (quarterly and annually)
- Social community & ERG programs
- FreeFit gym package
- Work-life harmony
- Dog friendly office
You’ll be required to work out of the office 2 days a week.
About the Role:
The Cloud Infra team is responsible for BigPanda’s cloud environment. The team is composed of skilled DevOps engineers in charge of multiple technologies that have a direct effect on the platform stability, reliability and scalability, using cutting edge technologies such as EKS, ArgoCD, ArgoWF, GitOps, IaC.
We are looking for a DevOps Team Leader, to play a pivotal role in overseeing and guiding our DevOps team and ensuring the successful delivery and maintenance of our cutting-edge software products.
You'll be responsible for leading a team of talented DevOps engineers, promoting a collaborative and innovative culture, and driving continuous improvement in our software development and delivery processes.
What you will do:
- Hire, train, and mentor new team members as the team grows
- Lead the development of new groundbreaking features, emphasizing scalability, performance, and reliability
- Build solutions that allow our R&D teams to work productively at scale
- Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and peers to understand and meet their needs
- Ensuring we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritizing effectively for maximum impact
What skills and experience you’ll bring to BigPanda:
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Team Lead
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience running production systems reliably and at scale
- Experience with hiring and growing engineers
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, IaC, GitOps
- Experience in automating and managing large-scale infrastructure
- Experience with setting, measuring, and reporting against key KPIs and metrics for the services your team owns