Senior Fullstack Engineer, Incident Operations team
BigPanda is a fast-growing, values-driven, global company that enables Tech Ops teams to keep the digital economy running. BigPanda’s AI-driven IT operations (aka AIOps) platform transforms IT data into insight and action. By eliminating IT noise, automating incident management, and keeping our customers’ digital services up and running around the clock, we become a mission-critical part of our customers’ IT operations.
With BigPanda, some of the world’s largest enterprises including Hulu, Cisco, United, Abbott, Marriott, Expedia and many others are able to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, accelerate business velocity, and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
BigPanda is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Mayfield, Battery, Insight Partners, Advent International, and Greenfield Partners.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, parental leave, competitive cash and equity compensation, and a supportive, collaborative, and innovative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
- Competitive Equity
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company funded health insurance
- 6 weeks fully Paid Parental Leave
- Critical Family Medical Leave
- Financial planning services
- Employee learning & development budget
- Values-based recognition (Quarterly and Annually)
- Social community & ERG programs
- FreeFit gym package
- Work-life harmony
- Dog friendly office
About the Role:
The Incident Operations team is in charge of BigPanda’s integration management console. The team’s vision is to deliver the best, most comprehensive, operator experience to our customers. We have an end-to-end responsibility over the Incident Feed, which is the most important & data-rich page in the application, which our customers use heavily during their work.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer, your work will be very product oriented, working closely with PMs and designers to provide the best and easy to use customer experience. You’ll be featuring the rest of the R&D team’s deliverables in the console to translate business requirements into efficient and scalable solutions.
What you will do:
- Work with Product and design teams to lead the end-to-end development of new features
- Develop a highly scalable and reliable incident management console, which is constantly handling live updates and user interactions
- Own end-to-end features; system design, infrastructure, implementation, testing, monitoring and demoing the result
- Impact ongoing tech stack related discussions and upgrade initiatives
- Set a high standard for design reviews (within the team and the R&D), and mentor your peers to success
What skills and experience you’ll bring to BigPanda:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js for production-ready distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications in React/Angular/Vue (preferably React)
- A vast experience leading projects from system design to production availability
- Experience with the technology selection process, and ability to introduce and utilize progressed technologies
- Experience with proactively introducing new initiatives and leading them to success
- A true team player with a passion for mentoring