Staff Backend Engineer, Incident Intelligence Group
BigPanda is a fast-growing, values-driven, global company that enables Tech Ops teams to keep the digital economy running. BigPanda’s AI-driven IT operations (aka AIOps) platform transforms IT data into insight and action. By eliminating IT noise, automating incident management, and keeping our customers’ digital services up and running around the clock, we become a mission-critical part of our customers’ IT operations.
With BigPanda, some of the world’s largest enterprises including Hulu, Cisco, United, Abbott, Marriott, Expedia and many others are able to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, accelerate business velocity, and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
BigPanda is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Mayfield, Battery, Insight Partners, Advent International, and Greenfield Partners.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, parental leave, competitive cash and equity compensation, and a supportive, collaborative, and innovative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
- Competitive equity
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company funded health insurance
- 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave
- Critical Family Medical Leave
- Financial planning services
- Employee learning & development budget
- Values-based recognition (quarterly and annually)
- Social community & ERG programs
- FreeFit gym package
- Work-life harmony
- Dog friendly office
You’ll be required to work out of the office 2 days a week.
About the Role:
The Incident Intelligence group is responsible for BigPanda’s event processing, enrichment, and correlation. The group handles millions of daily events, processed over dozens of cloud high-throughput services.
We're looking for a talented Staff Backend Engineer to set high standards in architecture, design, and implementation of new and existing features. You will be solving challenging problems and leading the practice of advanced debugging and the diagnosis of complex systems. Your environment will be full of talented peers with which you will be building performance-efficient, highly scalable, configurable, and available distributed services in Scala, java, Kafka, and more.
This role reports to the director of the Incident Intelligence group.
What you will do:
- Design and develop highly scalable services and participate and other life-cycle activities such as analysis, testing, performance, and production releases
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology to solve complex software system problems
- Enhance development productivity by identifying the areas for modification and innovation
- Set an example of independency in building, diagnosing, and fixing high-complexity technical issues
- Set the standard of documintation and provide technical direction, architecture leadership, and expertise to the group
What skills and experience you’ll bring to BigPanda:
- 8+ years of experience in backend software engineering
- 4+ years of Java/Scala programming experience, specifically with large-scale distributed systems
- Working experience with Java Spring Boot, Kafka, MongoDB, and AWS Cloud Platform
- Experience in the design of system architectures and the development of products from concept to production
- Experience with the design and development of robust and fast big-data pipelines
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Ability to gather and define software requirements, considering multiple patterns and strategies in order to build efficient solutions
- Ability to trace and diagnose issues within the system by using debugging tools and knowledge of how different components of the system architecture will work together