Director, Software Engineering
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a Director of Software Engineering for our Security team, reporting to the Security Group Lead. Our new Security team will be based in Hyderabad, India, dealing with developing our security-focused apps. As a Director of Software Engineering, you’ll be responsible for building and managing BigID’s new center of excellence in Hyderabad, developing cutting-edge, high-quality customer-facing applications that bring value to top Fortune 100 companies. Our ideal candidate is someone who is hands-on, values excellence, is hungry for success and thrives when working with only the best.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in customer calls, understand their use cases, and solve their problems
- Solve complex software problems
- Lead your team and ensure it meets tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Collect and analyze your team’s KPIs
- Plan your sprints and prioritize work
- Collaborate with software teams from Israel, Portugal, Ukraine, and Poland
- Hire a top team, nurture and grow them into an efficient, high-performing, motivated group
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent graduate of Computer Science from a major university
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Software Engineering Field.
- At least 4 years of experience with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- A strong technical background, including 5-6 years of hands-on experience with NodeJS, Typescript, or Java
- 4-6 years of Cloud computing experience
- Experience working directly with foreign management
- Experience working with Product Managers
- Experience leading at least 2-4 software teams simultaneously, with at least 10-20 Engineers in total
- Expert team builder with a proven track record of building high-achieving and high-quality software teams
- A solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- An excellent grasp of and experience with containerized environments, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Experience working with both external and in-house APIs and SDKs
- Superb spoken and written English
- Experience working directly with customers
- Masters degree in Computer Science / MBA
- Experience in cybersecurity or big data.
- A background in Security, including RBAC, authentication, authorization, encryption, etc
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we prioritize offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Other compulsory benefits based on country of residence
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out