Growth/Marketing Analytics Lead
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Growth Analytics Lead to join the Business Strategy & Analytics team under the broader Analytics org, with the primary goal of driving Marketing efficiency, accelerating our demand growth through testing, valuation, and analytics. This role will report directly to the Head of Business Strategy & Analytics, and regularly interact with Performance Marketing and other senior stakeholders including the C-suite.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Drive analysis/business strategy, transforming data, and drawing insights that inform strategic Media spend decisions with our Exec team, focusing on maximizing our growth trajectory and revenue opportunities
- Accelerate the expansion of our Marketing portfolio; partner with stakeholders to define and frame questions, determine and get alignment on analytical approach; extract and manipulate data from database; synthesize analysis, derive insights, and present findings and recommendations
- Manage the planning, execution, and analysis of A/B tests, using analytical and statistical approaches to continually improve marketing results
- Own the valuation of our user-acquisition channels, and provide thought partnership to Marketing (Performance Marketing, Retention Marketing, Brand Marketing) on user growth strategy
- Use data analysis and modeling to drive greater ROI efficiency and effectiveness of our acquisition channels
- Develop deep understanding of Paid user acquisition trends and factors to help forecasting
- Develop a strong handle of key business metrics across the company, and become a utility player for the Analytics org across projects
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of total relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing/Growth analytics or similarly analytical role
- 2+ years of Business Strategy / Intelligence or high-growth Operations / Startup experience
- You are a highly analytical, independent thinker, who leverages business judgment, supported by analysis, to drive critical strategic decisions
- Working knowledge of Marketing attribution, test vs. control methodologies. Incrementality measurement is a big plus
- You have exceptional SQL, Excel data analysis skills, and are proficient in Google sheets and slides, Looker experience is a plus
- You have a “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator, simplifier, and communicator - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- You are a strong communicator that is comfortable working and interacting with senior leadership and a range of teams across the company
Here's the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. The US base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000 + bonus + equity, which reflects the compensation target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details provided do not include benefits and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only; does not apply to contract roles):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.