Director of Product Management, Supply
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
About the role
We're seeking a pioneering Director of Product (Supply) to join our expanding team and to contribute to our journey of growth and innovation. As the inaugural Product Manager on the Supply team, the Director of Product (Supply) will be a cornerstone in our quest to elevate our Supply-side capabilities. Reporting directly to the VP of Product, this role is integral to achieving our ambitious goal of increasing the number of listings on Apartment List. You will be instrumental in shaping our Product strategy, working closely with your counterparts in Marketing, and Sales & Operations to create a unified vision and direction.
- Internal Collaboration and Strategy Development:
- Lead collaboration with the Go-To-Market (GTM) team to identify and tackle their key challenges, such as enhancing market data and leveraging AI for process automation.
- Work in tandem with Marketing, Sales, and Operations to segment markets, identifying supply-demand dynamics and informing overarching strategies.
- Customer Relationship and External Strategy:
- Build and nurture customer partnerships, understanding their needs for a tailored product experience.
- Collaborate with engineering to prioritize system integrations and explore innovative product strategies for market growth, upsell opportunities, and customer retention.
- Leadership and Team Development:
- Engage with various teams, including Sales Ops, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Analytics, to foster a collaborative environment.
- Drive team efforts in market research and relationship building with partners, with the potential to expand and lead a growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management, with a strong emphasis on Supply-side Marketplace expertise.
- Demonstrated analytical prowess and problem-solving skills, preferably supported by a background in consulting or analytics.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and strategic execution abilities.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and agile work environment.
At Apartment List, you'll have the unique opportunity to shape product strategies that profoundly impact renters and the marketplace. If you're driven by innovation, growth, and a passion for delivering solutions that make a real difference, your next career adventure awaits at Apartment List. Apply now and be a part of redefining the rental experience for millions.
Here's the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. The US base salary range for this position is $180,000 - $260,000 + bonus + equity, which reflects the compensation target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details provided do not include benefits and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only; does not apply to contract roles):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.