Sales Development Representative
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Algolia, you will be responsible for strategically sourcing and qualifying business prospects for the Algolia sales team. Using your unique personality and grit, you will reach out and qualify inbound leads to increase the pipeline of potential Algolia customers. You will communicate how Algolia can be best adapted and utilized for each use case, and why it is critical to meet with an Algolia Product Specialist.
We’re looking for resilient learners and builders who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and want to understand the ins and outs of selling to a technical audience. If you know your strengths, have the humility to accept and work on your weaknesses, and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Master Algolia - Product and Sales process
- Build strong relationships with prospects and customers
- Hunt and qualify inbound leads - This can be done by email, phone, or onsite
- Skillfully build a reputation with customers and gain interest in Algolia
- Manage sales lead information in Salesforce
- Represent Algolia at conferences and events
- Determine content for outbound
- Improve our Sales methods and the team in general
- On a typical morning, you will answer inbound messages, reach out to prospective clients, and work closely with Account Executives to help understand and discover how Algolia can help prospects with their current search and discovery needs
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong mix of humility and drive
- Great capacity and will to learn
- Sincere customer empathy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- You genuinely care about solving other’s problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- SaaS sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!