Senior Software Engineer - SFCC B2C
Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
The App Experiences team ensures a frictionless experience around strategically important integrations Algolia has with Shopify and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. This team will level up our existing integrations and evolve them into channels that Algolia can use to deliver new products to customers.
Our integrations with Shopify and Salesforce Commerce Cloud offer the best Search and Discovery experiences natively for any stores on these platforms and are mission-critical channels for Algolia to drive revenue and continuously shape the future of eCommerce.
The team is looking for an experienced individual who is well versed in defining, building and operating scalable architectures, with proven strengths in cross-team collaboration, taking solutions all the way through delivery to adoption by other engineering teams.
As a senior member of the Applications Experience team focusing on our SFCC Cartridge, you will have a direct impact on Algolia’s revenue stream. You will play a pivotal role in architecting and implementing systems that play a central role across all of Algolia’s products. You will also play a role in training/mentoring and leading team members.
Your role will consist of:
- Architecture, design and develop external and internal experiences for our products: especially our SFCC Cartridge
- Take ownership, research, explore and deliver world class experiences
- Build integrations with external APIs, connectors and API clients: eq., SFCC, etc.
- Be a technical mentor and help the team grow
- Help define engineering best practices and processes
- Work closely with the rest of the R&D team to deliver the tools they need to develop next-generation products
You might be a fit if you have:
- Knowledge in some of the following languages: Ruby, C#, Java, Scala, Go, Python, PHP
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks React, Angular or Vue.js
- A passion for shipping quality code
- You have an eye for great user experiences (UX)
- 2+ yrs Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud Cartridge or building Shopify apps for thousands of eCommerce store owners
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Team’s current stack:
- Golang, GCP/GKE, pubsub, bigquery, bigtable, CircleCI, terraform
- API Clients: JS, Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, RoR, Symfony, Laravel
- NodeJS, TS, React, Shopify Polaris
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Something looks off?