EMEA: Team Lead, People Operations
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds! Our People team is looking for a Team Lead, People Support who will be responsible for taking our People Support Help Desk practice to the next level.
The ideal candidate should have experience collaborating with global, distributed teams, and be comfortable defining and driving People Operations best practices, processes and programs. You’re both a builder and a tinkerer - as you will be challenging our People Support Help Desk model and design as well as experimenting along the journey for continuous improvement. In short, you should come ready to challenge the way we operate today, and expect to continually test new methods to improve our People Support practice.
As a leader we are looking for someone who embodies our core values: someone with grit that the team can absolutely trust, who genuinely cares about our people, and who acts with candor and humility. You will lead by example and be a strong communicator, empathetic and humble and comfortable with the unknown. We can guarantee a career journey that is filled with change and growth as part of being a core member of a global and evolving company.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Lead the current Help Desk Team of 2 team members through process improvement, implementation, and documentation
- Build sustainable processes to respond to tickets accurately and within the SLA. Tickets may include:
- Employee data changes
- New hires & terminations
- Report requests
- Promote employee experience and a customer service mindset when responding to tickets and building workflows
- Analyze ticket trends to iterate on current processes and drive self-service where possible
- Document all processes for internal training and external self-service
- Implement audit procedures to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Be a trusted advisor on questions related to People Team policies, procedures, and programs
- Have experience managing data inputs to payroll
- Generate workforce reports related to headcount, attrition, and other data required by the team
- Manage various People Team programs, including:
- Global Mobility: Visas & PEO management
- Leave of Absence and Time Tracking
- Collaborate on the build of Knowledge Management System (KMS) & policy repository
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong country knowledge of payroll regulations and employment law compliance
- Can manage the business-as-usual activities with a high level of autonomy
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, problem-solving, and judgment
- Must speak, read, and write English and French
- 3 to 5 years of HR experience
- Excel advanced knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Action oriented. A doer who biases towards action.
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Something looks off?