Linux Infrastructure Engineer
1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
We are looking for a Linux Infrastructure Engineer to join our SysOps team and help enable our engineers to deliver and maintain a world-class eCommerce infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability, observability, and performance of 1stDibs.com as we deliver to our ever-growing audience.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced systems engineer with a background in operating AWS services in a fast-moving environment with a high level of independence and responsibility. You will face unexpected challenges and work collaboratively with other engineers as we rapidly deploy new features using new technologies.
This position is based in NYC but has the potential to not require an in office presence if you reside in one of the following states: MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, FLA, IL, TX, AZ, or CA.
What you'll do:
- You will optimize and retire legacy software and infrastructure tools
- You will offer support to our development team as they deploy bug fixes and feature enhancements
- You will find potential enhancements and opportunities for cost savings
- You will interface with other internal and external teams to roll out new features and new infrastructure components
- You will design and implement scalable architectures
- You wil evaluate new technologies, vendors, and other initiatives
- You will be working cross-functionally in a diverse environment
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in systems engineering/administration, preferably in a web or eCommerce environment
- You have Unix/Linux administration and management (centos/rhel preferred) experience
- You have a strong background with:
- AWS cloud services (EC2/Dynamo/R53/RDS/S3 deployment and best practices)
- Practical / hands-on configuration management (puppet,chef,ansible)
- Containerization (ECS/Docker/Kubernetes) at scale
- You are proficient in scripting with: Shell, Python, Ruby
- You have experience with containerization workflows for development and deployment (docker/kubernetes or similar)
- You have experience with automation workflows and CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with Git/Github best practices and workflows
- You have Mac OS X familiarity for local tooling and day to day work
- You are prepared to work on multiple projects with different priorities and timelines
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the desire to work in an open and collaborative environment
Nice to Haves:
You have experience with any of the following
- node.js/pm2/npm/yarn administration
- Varnish (or equivalent caching proxy)
- Terraform (infrastructure as code) and/or other Hashicorp systems
Our overall compensation package is made of several parts, base compensation being one of them. At 1stDibs we value and are proud of our culture, innovation, professional development and training workshops, trust and giving back to the community. Equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentive (IF APPLICABLE) are all are components of your total compensation package. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Remote home office-based employees outside of the tri-state area are eligible for the following salary range.
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.
Total Compensation Statement
1stDibs is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining top talent who drive the business forward and help us achieve our mission and vision. The company’s Total Compensation packages are designed to reward performance, be fair, equitable, and competitive, and consist of base salary, equity (where applicable), and health and work-life benefits.