User Experience Researcher
1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
As the Senior User Experience Researcher at 1stDibs, your role will be instrumental in unraveling user behaviors and uncovering their needs through actionable insights that drive our business forward. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams throughout the entire development lifecycle, from researching opportunities to refine the user experience, to analyzing the impact of our efforts to identify areas for improvement. Your expertise will support 1stDibs' strategic initiatives as you plan and execute research activities while partnering closely with product teams in conducting discovery and usability activities. Drawing on your deep understanding of the strengths and limitations of various research methods, you'll apply them strategically within the product development process.
This role is based in New York with some expectations to come to our office at Astor Place.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product owners to understand how research can support their work, set their strategy, and prioritize their roadmaps
- Scope and execute research using a variety of methods including discovery interviews, usability testing, and surveys
- Screen and recruit research participants including scheduling and managing incentives
- Distill raw data, qualitative and quantitative, into actionable insights and opportunities
- Present research findings and insights across teams, disciplines, and stakeholders
What you'll bring
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UX researcher in a product environment, ideally across buyer and seller segments (e-commerce marketplace experience a plus)
- You have experience with qualitative research including recruiting for and moderating interviews
- You have experience with quantitative research including building and analyzing surveys
- You are comfortable communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to drive impact.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field
Our overall compensation package is made of several parts, base compensation being one of them. At 1stDibs we value and are proud of our culture, innovation, professional development and training workshops, trust and giving back to the community. Equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentive (IF APPLICABLE) are all are components of your total compensation package. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.
Total Compensation Statement
1stDibs is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining top talent who drive the business forward and help us achieve our mission and vision. The company’s Total Compensation packages are designed to reward performance, be fair, equitable, and competitive, and consist of base salary, equity (where applicable), and health and work-life benefits.